As directed by the Maryland Transportation Authority, NO COSTUMES OF ANY KIND are permitted during the Bay Bridge Run. We understand that this year the race will be held on Halloween but safety is our first priority. Please adhere to this policy.
1. Do I have to register as a spectator for this race?
A. No, you do not have to register! The spectator option during registration is for those who are looking to purchase their own beer wristband, parking, or VIP package.
2. Can I add a parking pass or update my parking lot selection to a different lot?
A. Yes, this transaction can be completed during registration or by adjusting your Add-On purchases after registering.
The deadline to add or update your parking lot selection is Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
3. I am already a registered spectator but did not select to get my packet mailed to me. How can I add that on?
A. Yes, spectators who are unable to attend the expo to pick up their packet have the option to pay to have their additional purchases mailed to them prior to race day. The fee to have your race packet mailed is $12. This can be done during registration or after registering and adjusting your Add-Ons.
The deadline to purchase this option is Tuesday, October 12.
Packages will be mailed via trackable USPS Priority mail. An email with the tracking information will be sent to the email address used during registration. Unfortunately, due to mailing logistics we are unable to mail more than one packet in the same package. Each registrant wishing to have their packet mailed must purchase this option.
4. How do I update information on my registration?
A. You can log in to your registration to edit your personal registration information excluding name, birthday, and gender. If you need to edit one of those categories, please email customer service at email@example.com.
The deadline to make changes to your personal registration information is Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
To update your email address, phone number, or mailing address you will select ‘Participant Info’ in the white menu bar.
5. May I receive a refund?
A. No, there are NO REFUNDS if this race is cancelled. Please keep this in mind when making your decision to register for this race.
Decision-making authority to proceed or cancel the race based on weather conditions rests almost solely with Maryland Transportation Authority. A cancellation could arise over a "likely" forecast of inclement weather. During Inclement weather, the MDTA does not implement two-way operations on the Bay Bridge's westbound span. As such, the eastbound span cannot close for the event and the race would be cancelled. Should this occur, runners will have their entry fee and add-ons deferred to the following year.
Public notification of the decision to cancel can be made as late at 5 a.m. on the day of the race.
MASKS REQUIRED ON SHUTTLE BUS
Federal policy mandates mask requirements on all public transportation until January 18, 2022, including those already vaccinated. This policy includes our shuttle buses both to the start line as well as back to your parking area after the race. Please plan accordingly.
Only the following type masks that protect the nose and mouth are permitted:
- Surgical and Cloth masks (thin, soft, loose-fitting face covering held in place with loops that go over the ears)
- N95 Respirators (cloth-like filter material; Convex in shape; fitted to provide a tight seal on the face)
- Solid Colored Neck Gaiter style masks (fabric covering in the form of a closed loop worn around the neck that can extend to cover the lower part of the face)
Not permitted are:
- Costume Masks
- Face Paint
- Any gaiter that covers portions of the head above the ears
- Any mask with facial images printed or drawn on them.